Share this story
Close X
Switch to Desktop Site

2 Arab families allowed to return to West Bank

Two Arab families removed from their homes on the Israeli-occupied West Bank last week were allowed to return Wednesday, Israeli military sources said. The families were taken to two abandoned Palestinian refugee camps near Jericho last Thursday after their sons were accused of throwing stones and Molotov cocktails at Israeli vehicles.

the sources said the families, who were on hunger strike, had been allowed home for humanitarian reasons. But Arab sources said the authorities had given in to moderate Israeli and international opinion.

About these ads

Follow Stories Like This
Get the Monitor stories you care about delivered to your inbox.