* Majority leaders are melding the three health-reform bills passed by House committees and two by Senate committees into single House and Senate bills.
* The leaders are aiming for floor votes on House and Senate bills by Aug. 15.
* If both pass, the bills go to a House-Senate conference committee to be merged into one bill.
* Leaders hope the resulting bill goes before each chamber before Oct. 7, Congress's scheduled adjournment.
* If passed, the final bill goes to President Clinton for signing or veto while members of Congress squeeze in a few weeks of campaigning before Election Day.