National Coffee Day 2012: where to find free coffee and more(Read article summary)
National Coffee Day 2012 is Saturday, Sept. 29, and coffee purveyors across the country are celebrating. Here's a list of 16 places you can get a free or discounted coffee on National Coffee Day 2012
Larry Steagall/Kitsap Sun/AP/File
Whether you call it Coffee Day, National Coffee Day, or International Coffee day, thisÂ global â€śholidayâ€ťÂ means one thing to North Americans: a free cup of joe.
So in honor of the sacred day, weâ€™ve rounded up every caffeinated freebie and discount we could find. (If you know of one we missed, leave a comment below or share onÂ Facebook.)
No coupons or purchases are necessary to redeem these offers unless specified. But not all chain locations participate, so you may want to call ahead.
Besides these chains and big brand names, it also canâ€™t hurt to ask â€“ orÂ haggleÂ with â€“ your local coffee place about National Coffee Day freebies and discounts. This year, youâ€™ll find them everywhere from theSouthern Food & Beverage MuseumÂ in New Orleans to theÂ Friends Business SourceÂ office supply store in Findlay, Ohio.
- 7-Eleven:Â Free large coffeeÂ onÂ Sept. 28 between 6 and 10 a.m.Â 7-Eleven hasÂ locationsÂ in the U.S. and Canada.
- Dutch Bros. Coffee:Â All coffee drinks and Dutch Bros. Blue Rebel energy drinks are freeÂ onÂ Sept. 29at the location at 7225 Martin Way East, Olympia, Wash. TakeÂ $1 off any coffee drinkÂ onÂ Sept. 29Â at the eight locations across Central Oregon, all located in Bend, Redmond, or Sisters.Â Free coffee drinksonÂ Sept. 29Â at the three locations in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Dunkinâ€™ Donuts:Â Printable coupon for aÂ 99-cent hot or iced latteÂ through Sept. 30.
- Dunkinâ€™ Donuts:Â Printable coupon forÂ six free doughnutsÂ with the purchase of a Box oâ€™ JoeÂ through Sept. 30.
- Dunkinâ€™ Donuts:Â Printable coupon forÂ $1 offÂ the purchase of a dozen K-cupsÂ through Oct. 28.
- Eight Oâ€™Clock Coffee products:Â Printable coupon forÂ $2 offÂ at any store that sells this brand and accepts manufacturer coupons.
- Einstein Bros. Bagels:Â PumpkinÂ lattes are buy-one-get-one-freeÂ on Sept. 29. Theyâ€™re also offering other coffee-related discounts earlier in the week. Einstein hasÂ locationsÂ nationwide.
- Kangaroo Express convenience stores:Â Get a 12-ounce cup of Bean StreetÂ Coffee for 1 centÂ onSept. 29 between 8 a.m. and noon. Kangaroo Express has more than 1,500Â locationsÂ in 13 southeastern U.S. states.
- Krispy Kreme stores:Â Free 12-ounce cup of their new House Blend CoffeeÂ onÂ Sept. 29. Krispy Kreme hasÂ locationsÂ in 39 U.S. states and three Canadian provinces.
- Krispy Kreme online:Â Theyâ€™re giving awayÂ free coffee for a yearÂ to 75 people as part of their 75th birthday celebration. To win, enter onceÂ between now and Sept. 29Â by completing the form. The winners will receive two bags of coffee every month for the next twelve months â€“ plus a free T-shirt and coffee mug. The giveaway is open to U.S. residents age 18 and older.
- McDonaldâ€™s:Â Free cup of coffee every dayÂ through Sept. 29. Rumor has it this freebie is limited to locations in the eastern U.S., so be sure to call yourÂ locationÂ before making a trip. (Thanks to reader Jolene for writing to us about this offer.)
- Punchbowl.com:Â Send aÂ free National Coffee Day e-card. This freebie is available now, but they donâ€™t say when it expires.
- Seattleâ€™s Best Coffee products:Â Printable coupon forÂ $1 offÂ at any store that sells this brand and accepts manufacturer coupons.
- Ten Thousand Villages:Â Look for free samples or discounts at the stores inÂ Charlottesville, Va., andÂ PhiladelphiaÂ andÂ Lancaster, Penn., onÂ Sept. 29.
- Tim Hortons Cafe & Bake Shop:Â PrintableÂ buy-one-get-one-free coffeeÂ coupon good onÂ Sept. 29. The coupon is good at their U.S.Â locations.
- Wawa Inc. convenience stores:Â Sign up to receive an immediate coupon for aÂ free 16-ounce iced latteÂ through Oct. 2. Wawa hasÂ locationsÂ along the eastern U.S. coast.
Karla Bowsher covers consumer, retail, and health issuesÂ forÂ Money Talks News, a consumer/personal finance TV news feature that airs in about 80 cities and around the Web. This column first appeared in Money Talks News.