Tax Day freebies: Where to get free massages, cookies, and more (+video)(Read article summary)
Tax Day can be stressful, but you can score a selection of freebies and super-cheap spoils to ease the filing process on April 15. Pick up a selection of free desserts, test your singing skills to bag a free dinner, and sit back and relax with a massage — all without spending a single cent on Tax Day.
Filing your taxes can be a stressful affair, especially if you don't have the bonus of a tax refund to look forward to once the paperwork is signed, sealed, and delivered. Luckily, you can score a selection of free and super-cheap spoils to make the red-tape process a little less traumatic on April 15.
You can pick up a selection of free desserts, test your singing skills to bag a free dinner, and sit back and relax with a massage — all without spending a single cent. Plus, you can score some incredible discounts at outlets nationwide, including California Tortilla and Boston Market.
Be sure to bookmark this page so you can check back on a daily basis, as we'll be adding even more Tax Day freebies and deals as we come across them as the Big Day looms. Also, you can check out our freebies hub to find the best free deals all year-round.
The Top 5 Tax Day Freebies for 2015
Valid: From now until May 2
Deal: Don't go spending what little money The Man refunds you on shredding damning credit card bills, but hit up your local Staples outlet and do it for free. You can shred and forget 5-lbs. of documents for free at the store and pick up something treat-size to celebrate one more year of IRS-free problems.
Valid: April 15
Deal: Once you've dealt with the incriminating files, we reckon you'll be overdue for a feeding. Those strapped for cash need not fear as you can head along to your local California Tortilla and nab a free queso and chips when you utter the password "Taxes Shmaxes" at checkout.
Valid: From April 13 to April 17
Deal: If you'll see a number of late nights crunching numbers over a desk in the upcoming week, you'll need to find a way to relax once the deed is done. Thankfully, you can loosen up and de-stress with a free soak at HydroMassage. The traveling jet system employed by the HydroMassage bed offers a full body massage, which will hopefully help you leave your worries at the tax office. (It is strongly encouraged that you call ahead to schedule an appointment.)
Valid: April 15
Deal: No matter your skill or pitch, you can head along to your local Hard Rock Café on Tax Day and let off some steam by treating your fellow diner's to your favorite power ballad, as you'll bag a free Local Legendary Burger when you "Sing for your Supper". (Thankfully, these edible rewards are not dependent on your ability on the mic.)
Valid: April 15
Deal: After two good feedings and a relaxing soak, a little bit of sugar will go down smooth. You can bag a regular sugar cookie for free at Great American Cookies for a little pick-me-up ahead of a day of irresponsibly spending your tax return.
More Tax Day Freebies and Deals Available on April 15
- BLT Prime: Celebrate with half-price alcoholic drinks (includes beer, wine, and cocktails)
- Schlotzsky’s: Stop by and pick up The Original small sandwich for free
- The Walking Company: Pay no sales tax on regularly-priced shoes
- Sonic Drive-In: Score half-price cheeseburgers
- Smokey Bones: Cut $5 off your entire bill (excludes alcohol)
- RA Sushi: It's Happy Hour all day
- Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt: Get a full cup of fro-yo with toppings for $4.15
- Kona Ice: Snag some free tropical shaved ice and a Hawaiian Lei
- Boston Market: Buy one meal, get a second for free
- Bruegger's Bagels: Score 13 bagels & 2 tubs of cream cheese for $10.40 when you sign up for emails by April 9
- Bonefish Grill: Cut $10 off any dinner purchase
- Sonny's BBQ: Grab a half-price rib dinner
- Beef O' Brady's: Cut 15% off your entire bill