Tim Tebow 'throws left, prays right' and nine other pokes by David Letterman at the Denver Bronco's evangelical quarterback.
(AP Photo/Chris Schneider)
One sure sign that Tebow-mania is already reaching a pop-culture apogee ahead of Saturday night's NFL Division playoff game between the Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots, CBS Late Show host David Letterman has roasted the Bronco's quarterback Tim Tebow.
Tebow, an openly evangelical Christian, non-smoking, non-drinking (see the USA Today interview), fourth-quarter Revivalist for the Broncos, took some ribbing on Tuesday night.
Here's Letterman's Top Ten Little Known Things about Tim Tebow:
10. Fell to Earth after his home planet Krypton exploded
9. Throws left, prays right
8. For breakfast has Icy Hot on toast
7. If you tell him your street address, he'll tell you the value of your home
6. Currently ninth on the Kim Kardashian athlete waiting List
5. Back in college, threw a football twenty yards!
4. One time, lost his temper and said "Darn it!"
3. Distracts defenders by flashing his beautiful, piercing blue eyes
2. Justin Bieber fans have "Bieber Fever"; Tim Tebow fans have "The Tebola Virus"
1. Can turn water into Gatorade
Other Tim Tebow one-liners making the rounds:
Tim Tebow can get breakfast at McDonald's after 10:30 A.M.
The NFL renamed the 2 minute warning, "Tebow Time"
In a game against the Chargers Tim didn’t spin. Tebow stood still and the world revolved around him.
Michael Jordan buys Tim Tebow's shoes.