Education reform: eight school chiefs to watch in 2011
4 of 4
4. Chiefs for Change, coalition of five state school leaders
This bipartisan group hopes more state chiefs will sign on to its core agenda, which includes:
• Giving more school choice to parents and having funding follow the child.
• Requiring schools to measure academic growth of students annually and show continuous improvement.
• Rewarding high-performing teachers, schools, and districts.
• Removing teachers and principals who aren’t effective according to measures of students’ academic growth.
The founding members of the new reform coalition are:
4 of 4