In a sampling of amendments passed Friday and earlier this week, the House voted to:
- Cut salaries for employees or contractors charged with implementing the new health-care law.
- Ban the Internal Revenue Service from enforcing individual mandates to purchase health insurance.
- End federal subsidies for Planned Parenthood, a women's reproductive-health service provider that also performs about 300,000 abortions a year.
- Bar the US Department of Education from regulating private career-oriented colleges.
- Ban funding to implement the Presidential Election Campaign Fund.
- Cut funding that would help the Federal Communications Commission police the broadband industry to enforce "net neutrality" – the notion that Internet service providers should not favor certain content (like their own) over other content.