June weddings: 7 measures of matrimony
June has traditionally been the most popular month for Americans to wed. Whether that’s still the case is unclear, since at least one survey points to September as the new leader. Regardless, there’s no doubt that nuptials kick into high gear this time of year. Here are some facts about the American wedding landscape.
Sources: The Wedding Report, Pew Research Center, The Wedding Channel; The Knot.com; US Census Bureau; The Association for Wedding Professionals International.
Bride and groom
• Average age of bride in the US: 26.5.
• Average age of groom in the US: 28.5.
• Average engagement length: 14 months.
• 20 percent of adults age 18 to 29 are married, down from 60 percent in 1960.
• Today most couples live together first before marrying.
• 16 percent of brides plan wedding before getting engaged.
1 of 7