Switch to Desktop Site
 
 

USA

About these ads

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Monday after a meeting in Baghdad with Gen. David Patraeus, the top US general in Iraq, that a "period of evaluation" this summer makes sense before continuing to draw down American forces. Gates added, however, that President Bush would have the final say about whether there would be a pause in the reduction of US forces. Five of 20 brigades are slated to depart by the end of July, although only one has returned home so far.

In its first formal rejection of Microsoft's $44.6 billion takeover bid, Yahoo Inc. said Monday the offer "substantially undervalues" the slumping Internet icon. Many analysts say Microsoft will raise its bid in order to compete with Google.

Next

Page:   1   |   2   |   3


Follow Stories Like This
Get the Monitor stories you care about delivered to your inbox.

Share

Loading...