News In Brief
Manila turns away Japanese who says team killed Aquino
The Philippine government refused entry yesterday to a Japanese journalist who claims to have witnessed the assassination of Filipino opposition leader Benigno Aquino Jr., Monitor contributor Paul Quinn-Judge reports.
Kiyoshi Wakamiya was returning to Manila for the commemoration of the first anniversary of the murder. He was accompanying Mr. Aquino home on Aug. 21 last year and has said repeatedly that the former senator was killed by the military team that led him from his plane at Manila International Airport.