Household energy quiz
Here's a quick quiz on common household energy problems:
1. Which is a better thermal insulator? (A) 12 inches of fiberglass wool or (B) 12 inches of solid glass
2. Which heats your room more? (A) a 500-watt halogen torch lamp or (B) a 500 watt electric space heater
3. Will blocking the airflow behind a refrigerator affect electric bills?
4. Will using an underrated extension cord with a large appliance (A) save energy or (B) waste it?
1. A. 2. They give off the same heat. 3. Yes, they'd be higher. 4. B.
Learn more at www.aps.org
Source: American Physical Society