Six summer beauty tips (made you look)(Read article summary)
As moms and teen girls are bombarded with tips for how to look ready for summer, one mom shares the only beauty tips you will ever need. Hint: No self-tanner, waxing, crunches, or even lip gloss required.
Robert Harbison/The Christian Science Monitor/File
Fashion magazines love telling women that our bodies aren’t fit to be seen in public, unless we buy and use the beauty products they’re hawking. And in the summer months, when rising temperatures lead us to shed more clothing, their scrutiny intensifies, picking women’s bodies apart from head to toe. Well, forget them! I’ve penned the only list of beauty tips you need to enjoy the summer.
SIX SUMMER BEAUTY TIPS
1. How to get a bikini body: Put a bikini on your body.Your body is great!
2. How to get your skin ready for summer: Use sunblock. Your skin is great!
3. How to make your lashes pool-proof: Avoid mascara. Your lashes are great!
4. How to find your happy hair color: Be happy with your hair color. It’s great!
5. How to get summer-ready legs: Is it summer? Look down at your legs. They’re ready for use!
6. How to choose a summer wardrobe: Pick out some clothing you like. You’re ready for summer!
The Christian Science Monitor has assembled a diverse group of the best family and parenting bloggers out there. Our contributing and guest bloggers are not employed or directed by the Monitor, and the views expressed are the bloggers' own, as is responsibility for the content of their blogs. Rebecca Hains blogs at rebeccahains.wordpress.com and the original post shared here can be found here.