Chocolate coconut bliss cookies(Read article summary)
Calling all lovers of chocolate and coconut: These cookies are like German chocolate cake in cookie form.
The Pastry Chef's Baking
These are almost like a German chocolate cake in cookie form. I say almost because it doesn't have nuts (you know I don't like nuts in my cookies) or the sweet frosting. But it does have chocolate and coconut.
As you can see, the cookies stayed thick and chubby. They were also moist. I pressed some coconut on top of the cookies before baking as the original recipe recommended and I found that was a good idea so people know what kind of cookie it is: chocolate coconut goodness.
I liked that these were moist and fudgy and I love coconut so this was a good cookie to me. Not much else to say about it except if you're a coconut lover and a chocoholic, you can combine two loves into one cookie with this recipe.
Chocolate coconut bliss cookies
From The Monday Box
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, divided
1. Melt chopped chocolate and butter in the top half of a double boiler set over hot, barely simmering water. Whisk until melted and smooth.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
4. Mix in melted chocolate-butter mixture.
5. Add in flour mixture until just combined.
6. Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup coconut.
7. Scoop into golf-ball-size dough balls, press a handful of coconut over each dough ball, cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
9. Evenly space frozen dough balls on baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Related post on The Pastry Chef's Baking: Coconut pound cake