Marijuana brownies sold at SF high school send 2 students to the hospital
Authorities say five students became ill after eating marijuana brownies that were sold at a high school in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Authorities say five students got sick — including two who were rushed to the hospital unconscious — after eating marijuana brownies that were sold at a San Francisco Bay Area high school.
Richmond police Capt. Mark Gagan says a 17-year-old senior allegedly sold the brownies Thursday at De Anza High School for $3 apiece or two for $5.
Five students, ages 14 to 16, fell ill. Gagan says two regained consciousness at the hospital and are in serious but stable condition.
Three other students were treated at the school for nausea and vomiting.
Gagan says the alleged brownie seller was arrested on suspicion of selling drugs on campus and child endangerment. She's being held at juvenile hall.
There's no immediate word on where she got the brownies, or whether she made them herself.