Menu
Share
Share this story
Close X
 
Switch to Desktop Site

Sandy Hook Elementary evacuated after bomb threat

Monroe Police Lt. Brian McCauley says the threat was called in to the school Wednesday morning and the evacuation was ordered as a precaution. 

View video

This 2013 photo shows the Sandy Hook Elementary School, relocated to the former Chaulk Hill School building in Monroe, Conn., after the original building in neighboring Newtown was razed following A Dec. 14, 2012, shooting rampage where 26 people were killed.

Jessica Hill/AP

View photo

A bomb threat has led to the evacuation of the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

Monroe Police Lt. Brian McCauley says the threat was called in to the school at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday and the evacuation was ordered as a precaution. He says the school building and grounds were checked and no evidence of danger was found.

About these ads

Nancy Bartosik of the Monroe superintendent's office says the school was dismissed early and students moved to a nearby school to be picked up by their parents.

A gunman killed 20 first-grade students and six educators at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown in December 2012. The students resumed classes in a school in the neighboring town of Monroe, also called Sandy Hook Elementary School. The original school was torn down last year.


Follow Stories Like This
Get the Monitor stories you care about delivered to your inbox.