The couple who allegedly crashed the White House state dinner last week, Tareq and Michaele Salahi, have been invited to testify Thursday before the House Homeland Security Committee. They'd also like to appear on the 'Today' show again.
“The truth will soon come out,” Mr. Salahi said, adding that he and his wife are cooperating with the Secret Service in its investigation.
“I can tell you this is the most devastating thing that has ever happened to us,” Salahi said.
He said he and his wife have handed over “documentation” to the Secret Service – no doubt the e-mails they had exchanged with a top Pentagon official whose help the Salahis had sought to gain access to the event honoring the prime minister of India. The official, Michele Jones, has said she never stated or implied that the Salahis could attend any portion of the event.
Robert Gibbs, the White House press secretary, also stated categorically Tuesday on “Today” that the Salahis were not invited, and there was no misunderstanding. “I think the matter should be looked into criminally,” he said.