Page 2 of 2
Black gold 49ers cookies
1 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Milky Way caramels, chopped
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Melt the 8 ounces of chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double boiler over hot water until smooth. Let cool slightly.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla. Set aside. With an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy, about one minute. Beat in the sugars.
4. Mix in the beaten egg and vanilla until incorporated. Add the melted chocolate and beat until combined. Add the dry ingredients on slow speed. Fold in the chocolate chips and Milky Way caramels.
5. Scoop into dough balls and chill for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies have just begun to set with the centers still appearing very soft. They will firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Related post on The Pastry Chef's Baking: Vanilla Pudding Snickerdoodle Cookies
Sign-up to receive a weekly collection of recipes from Stir It Up! by clicking here.