Switch to Desktop Site
 
 

Boston bombing suspects? Authorities seek IDs of two men seen on video (+video)

Boston bombing suspects: Investigators in the Boston Marathon bombing are working to determine the identities of two men, one carrying a backpack and the other dropping off a bag, who were at the scene prior to the explosions.

FBI likely to release video, photos Thursday
About these ads

Three days after the Boston Marathon bombing hundreds of federal investigators are now chasing the name behind a face.

Video security clips from a Lord & Taylor department store across the street from the spot where the second bomb exploded show a man acting suspiciously, according to FBI personnel. He drops a bag and then walks away.

Images show him reacting to the first explosion by quickly exiting the site where the second explosion is about to occur.

“The camera from Lord & Taylor is the best source of video so far,” Dot Joyce, a spokeswoman for Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, told The Boston Globe. “All I know is that they are making progress.”

The person in question is a young white man wearing a black jacket, a gray hooded sweatshirt, and a white or off-white baseball cap on backwards, according to CBS News.

Investigators are now going through logs of cellphone calls line by line, trying to determine who made calls from that location around the time the bombing took place, says CBS. They have cellphone owner information they are trying to match to the elusive face.

Next

Page 1 of 4

Share