Share this story
Close X
Switch to Desktop Site

Small-business tax liabilities

I am planning to start a small business. Could you please tell me where I can get simple answers on taxes that would be due to the federal and state governments? J. P.

The IRS publishes a free book, Publication No. 334, "Tax Guide for Small Business," which is available from local offices or by mail from the main office in your state -- see your individual tax return for an address. Ask the state tax office where you live for any free publications available. Also, try a full-service bookstore for simple-style paperbacks, published locally, which outline all applicable state tax require ments.

About these ads