Trends in home furnishings
In coming months, consumers will see a return to elegance and a salute to British style in home furnishings. Other trends that were unveiled at the International Home Furnishings Market in High Point, N.C., include:
* Luxurious upholstered pieces in sophisticated fabric and leather.
* Highly functional, yet stylish, home-office furniture in a wide range of styles and prices.
* Accessories inspired by natural elements and handicrafts, as well as in exotic world-traveler styles.
* Furniture for young people that emphasizes looks that will endure as they grow, and will provide storage, sleeping, and study functions.
* Colors that span the spectrum from soft and romantic to loud and vibrant.
* "Mixed media" furniture that blends wood, leather, glass, and iron with coconut shell, bamboo, palm bark, and fossil stones.
(c) Copyright 2001. The Christian Science Publishing Society