10 pizza recipes
With so many different taste possibilities, a pizza shell is practically a blank canvas. These pizza recipes from Stir It Up! bloggers cover all sorts of flavors, and with so many topping options, the sky's the limit. So pick a pizza and get ready to sink your teeth into deliciousness.
1. White garlic shrimp pizza
1 large pizza shell or pizza dough, prepared or homemade*
2 cups salad shrimp, cooked
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
For the Ricotta Layer:
3/4 cup Ricotta cheese
1 egg white
1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Garlic Sauce:
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
1-1/2 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup Asiago or Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/4 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper
*Click here to see my post on making homemade pizza dough.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. If using pizza dough, stretch the dough into a large round and arrange on a pizza stone or large baking sheet, lightly greased with olive oil.
2. Prepare the ricotta by combining the ricotta, egg white, garlic, parsley, and salt.
3. Prepare the garlic sauce. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic to the butter. Cook for about two minutes. Add the flour to the mixture and stir. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes, until the milk begins to thicken. Turn down the heat. Add the cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
4. To assemble the pizza, spread a thin, even layer of the ricotta mixture over the pizza dough. Then, spread a thin, even layer of the garlic sauce over the ricotta. Scatter the salad shrimp over the sauce. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and parsley. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
1 of 10